Coronavirus – Three New Suspected Cases Under Isolation in Lagos

The Lagos State Ministry of Health has recorded three new suspected cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the state.

Akin Abayomi, the Commissioner for Health, who said this on Thursday, noted that the suspected patients are under isolation at the containment facility in Yaba, Lagos.

“Their samples have been taken and results are being expected,” he said. “The suspected patients came to Nigeria from France, England and China.”

The first case of coronavirus index was confirmed in Nigeria last week, when an Italian national tested positive to the infection.

Since its outbreak, the Nigerian government has been making efforts to curtail the possible spread of the virus as most people that had contact with the affected patient were identified and quarantined.

The Lagos government completed an isolation facility in readiness for the treatment of the virus, in case more cases were recorded.

On reported how three foreign nationals, who were suspected to have COVID-19, tested negative between three days in Lagos. More people tested in Abuja have also tested negative to the disease.

Meanwhile, the commissioner said one of the suspected patients is a Nigerian who visited France for seven days and returned to Lagos days ago.

Mr Abayomi said the patient had headache and respiratory symptoms.

“So, because he had been to a country where there is an active person to person transmission, it could be a common cold, but there is a possibly that it could be coronavirus.

“We are not taking chances, there is active transmission going on in France and we have isolated him,” the commissioner said.

He said the patients are being tested and test results awaited.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like
Read More

China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years

Chinese President has officially opened the 55km world’s longest sea crossing bridge. The sixth longest bridge on earth took nine years to complete. The new bridge connects Hong Kong to Macau and the mainland Chinese city of Zhuhai. It will cut travelling time between Zhuhai and Hong Kong from about four hours to just 30 minutes. Built at the cost about $20bn (that is about ₦7.3trillion) and designed to last 120 years ,the mega structure is strong enough to withstand earthquakes and typhoons.
Read More
Read More

Man Born Without Joystick Given ₦18million Artificial Joystick, Had Sex(Photo)

A man born without a joystick has lost his virginity aged 45 thanks to a bionic manhood made from his own skin. Andrew Wardle, from Manchester, had a £50,000 10hours penile implant operation at University College Hospital London in June but had to wait six weeks before he could have sex for the first time. Andrew, pictured in hospital, successfully underwent the final stage of a £50,000 penile implant operation at London’s University Hospital and has been given the all clear to at last lose his virginity at the age of 45. In a remarkable operation, doctors built his new joystick from the skin, muscles and nerves in Andrew’s left arm, pictured, and a vein in his leg. He was born with a condition called bladder exstrophy, said he will take a fertility test to see if they can conceive and they will adopt if he can’t. As a child Andrew underwent a surgical procedure to create an artificial opening known as a stoma in his urinary system.  He had countless operations to build a tube from his bladder so he could pass water normally and suffered from kidney problems
Read More