The famous Odopetu marketplace in Akure, the Ondo country capital, became gutted by way of fire on Thursday morning, destroying commodities worth million of naira.
Even though there was no life lost inside the incident, it changed into collected that many shops that have been stocked with nutrition were absolutely destroyed.
Though, the precise cause of the fire became now not known as of the time of submitting this report, the affected investors stated the fire changed into a mysterious one.
A source instructed our correspondent that the fireplace might be because of a energy surge but in opposition, any other source stated there was no power deliver to the location when the hearth commenced within the midnight
one of the citizens of the region stated, ” The cause of the fireplace incident is not clear yet to absolutely everyone due to the fact every person has long past to sleep and all of the buyers have all long gone domestic. We just heard the noise in the night time and we got there and noticed anywhere on fire.”
It become additionally accrued that men of the Ondo nation fireplace provider had been not around to position out the fire as all efforts made via the residents to attain them have been unsuccessful.
One the affected investors who identified herself as Mrs. Janet Olorunfemi, even as lamenting the incident, said she just stocked her store with food to sell for the Christmas and New Year pageant.