This man was the rescuer of some goods and properties that would have been an irrecoverable loss for the owners and the occupants. The scene of this fire outbreak was at Ola Farm bus stop, Abaranje road, Ikotun Lagos. A filling gas shop was the source of the fire. As explained by the boy who worked there, having finished filling a cylinder for a customer and as he removed the hose connected, there was a sudden blast. He was severely injured.
This MOPOL stood out among four others who were only there to observe. He was valiant. He approached the fire, took a bamboo stick to drag some cylinders that were yet to explode, as other did, away from the fire. The other onlookers like me were encouraged by him to join in the service to our fellow Nigerians. The officer was injured in his hands, I was also in my right arm and there was another guy who sustained more injury than the two us combined before the fire servicemen arrived.
He is a hero!